The following is information from the NSW Government:


Dear Business Operator,


We hope you are near the end of your clean up from the floods and are ready to take the next steps for your business. We are working to ensure support is available for businesses affected by the North Coast floods.


Recovery Centre Hours – Easter Weekend

Friday 14th April – Closed

Saturday 15th April to Monday 17th April – 10am to 4pm


Just finished cleaning up and not sure what’s next?

A Business Connect advisor can help you through the impact of the floods on your business. Advice is offered on managing cash flow, planning the next steps, accessing financial support and connecting to additional support. Call 1300 134 359 to talk to an advisor.


Is your leased premises damaged?

You are not obliged to pay rent if the premises is damaged to a stage where it is no longer safe and not suitable for your business. If you think your landlord is being unreasonable with rent negotiations contact the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner on 1300 795 534.


Have you made insurance claims?

Submit your claims for insurance, even if you don’t have flood insurance. Even if you get a “denial of claim” letter, this may be useful in the future. Appeals can be made to the Insurance Council of Australia if you are not happy with the determination made by your insurance company. For any enquiries about the claims process, contact the Insurance Council of Australia on 1300 728 228.


Are you aware of changes to your tax obligations?

Refunds will be fast tracked and additional time given to lodge income tax returns and activity statements. Automatic one month tax obligation deferrals are in place for residents in Lismore City Council and Tweed Council. People outside the identified postcode areas can still contact the ATO for assistance on 1800 806 218.


Have you applied for a payroll tax deferral?

Contact the Office of State Revenue if you are having difficulty meeting the monthly payroll tax payment on 1300 214 590. Email your client ID, month/s for deferral being sought, when you intend to pay and reasons for seeking approval to


Do you know what Centrelink payments you are eligible for?

Centrelink payments are available for sole traders and employees for up to 13 weeks while the business is not trading and there is no work. Call Centrelink on 180 22 66.


Need extra funding?

Low interest rate loans are available to primary producers, small businesses, non-profit organisations and sporting clubs. Information and application forms can be found on the Rural Assistance Authority – Natural Disaster Relief Scheme Loans page.


Have you discussed payment options with creditors?

Contact your utility providers, council, banks, financial institutions to discuss extensions, payment holidays or other assistance that can be provided.


Help us understand what support you need

Please complete the NSW Government Survey for Business so we can provide the right support for you and your business. This will help us to assist you and your community over the coming weeks and months.


More support can be found on the Flood Support Fact Sheet