The NSW Government has announced “The Back Home grant”, helping support renters and homeowners who were highly impacted by the February to March 2022 floods. Households that have been damaged or destroyed and are unable to claim for insurance or natural relief, will be eligible for up to $20, 000 cash grants.
The grant is expected to open Mid April 2022.
The program is available to the following Local Government areas including:
- Clarence Valley
- Richmond Valley
The funds can be used to go towards any clean-up costs to restore housing to a habitable condition, including:
· Moving to a new property;
· Inspection and safe reconnection of utilities, such as water, electrical, gas, hot water and sewerage equipment not otherwise the responsibilities of utility companies;
· Necessary structural repairs including flooring, roof, walls and fittings (owner-occupier/owner);
· Necessary replacement or repairs to damaged equipment such as computers and tools;
· Necessary replacement or repairs to damaged essential household goods such as washing machines, refrigerators, ovens and microwaves;
· Replacing other essential household contents.
At this stage, eligible individuals can lodge their details via the Service NSW website, and they will be contacted at a later time. Check the following LINK to register your details if you believe you are eligible for the Grant.
Updated: 7th April 2022