The 31 of March saw the final period for which JobKeeper could be claimed. This will mean that many businesses will need to find additional cash flow to support the continuing employment of their current employees.
The good news is that you may now be eligible for the JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme.
Eligible employers can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
The credits can then be claimed for 12 months for each new job filled with an eligible additional employee.
Some key eligibility criteria:
- Cannot claim JobMaker for period receiving JobKeeper
- Must have an increase in payroll headcount in qualifying period
- Be registered for PAYG Withholding
- Be between 16-35 years old (inclusive) at start of employment
- Start employment on or after 7 October 2020 and before 7 October 2021
- Have received JobSeeker, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment for at least 28 consecutive days within the 84 days prior to the start of employment.
- Completed a JobMaker Hiring Credit employee notice for the employer
Please click the link to watch a short video and see more detail on eligibility ATO JobMaker Scheme
If you are not eligible there may be other options available to you from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Please CLICK HERE to find out more about financial incentives are available to you and your business.